Friday, November 18, 2011

Book Trailers

How cool are book trailers? I love that idea. I love to read and luckily my daughter does too. But I can't seem to get the others kids as involved. I talk to them about the books I read and really try to make them sound exciting. And as a book reviewer- maybe I shouldn't admit that they don't always bite as hard as I want them to. In fact, ignore that last confession- I get everyone to read! And I do it with the help of book trailers. The kids can really see how exciting a book can be, especially since we have been conditioned to expect immediate satisfaction. I can tell you that the satisfaction from books comes a little later than if you are watching a movie, but is so much more fulfilling. You can get lost in books, you can continue the books in your head, change the ending, add new twists, imagine the characters to look a certain way. You can't do that with movies. But a book trailer gives you just enough to want to read the book and helps you boost your imagination.

I just read Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater and loved it. In fact, I will review it next! But just to give you a taste of what the book is about and whet your appetite, check out this amazing book trailer!



No comments:

Post a Comment